Established in 1916, the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) is an internationally recognised professional accountancy membership body. Our members work within micro and small- to medium-sized enterprises or in micro and small- to medium-sized accounting practices advising micro and SME clients.
The IFA is part of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) of Australia Group, the world’s largest SME-focused accountancy group, with 35,000 members and students in 80 countries.
We offer a programme of professional qualifications and education as well as resources, events, training and seminars.
The IFA is a full member of the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) the global accounting standard-setter and regulator.
We are an awarding organisation recognised by Ofqual, the UK public body responsible for maintaining and monitoring standards for general and vocational qualifications and examinations.
We are also recognised by HM Treasury to regulate our members for the purposes of the Money Laundering Regulations 2007.
Our core values
- Standard-setting: demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, reliability, and customer service.
- Professional: responding to members’ challenges with consistently relevant, commercially-focused advice.
- Enterprising: innovative and commercial thinking.
- Dynamic: agile and responsive, no matter the speed or magnitude of changes in the business environment or economic climate.
- Ethical: championing integrity, fairness, diversity, transparency and responsibility.